Monday, October 21, 2013

Android Smartphone device won't connect/display in Windows Media Player 'x' [SOLUTION]

Today I was wanting to transfer my music from my Windows Media Player to my Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (GT-18160) Android smartphone.

Yet after connecting my smartphone via USB Cable to my PC; it wasn't recognising it as a device. It was recognising it as a camera and I was able to view the files within Windows Explorer so it wasn't a connection problem. However the device would not show within Windows Media Player (version 11 in my case on a 32 bit Windows XP system).

After Googling around I discovered majority of people are having similar problems.

The fix for most cases is you have to install Samsung's software called "Kies". Also install the codec option - really important bit!

After a reboot and connecting my device this time around Windows Explorer recognised the device fully AND Windows Media Player also found the device.

I was then able to sync my music from within Windows Media Player library (see here for aid on syncing your music with Windows Media Player).

OTHER FIXES:

- You need to make sure you have Windows XP SP2 or above!

- You need to make sure you have Windows Media Player 10 or above! Get the latest version here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Important!

Your comments are moderated. Any comments deemed not worthy to be public on this blog will be removed along side the user being banned from commenting on any of my other blog posts.

Please take care when making a comment, thank you in advance.