Thursday, April 26, 2012

How to remove (hide) system reserved drive in my computer ...

Few days ago I was helping out a friend install Windows 7. He had the system reserve partition that Windows 7 creates appear in his 'My Computer'. He asked me how to remove it (get rid of it). I said to him it wasn't a good idea to get rid of it as it was there to help boot up Windows 7 just in case of failure. I decided to research it and it turned out you can simply hide it. To hide the system reserve drive from appearing in 'My Computer' do the following:

1) Open Control Panel

2) Open Administrative Tools found in the System and Security Category

3) Open Computer Management

4) Click on Disk Management

5) Right click on the system reserve disk drive and select 'Change Drive letter and Paths ...'

6) Select the drive letter and click on remove

7) Click OK

8) Check that it has been 'hidden' (removed) from My Computer

9) Recommend you do a restart and save a restore point

No comments:

Post a Comment

Important!

Your comments are moderated. Any comments deemed not worthy to be public on this blog will be removed along side the user being banned from commenting on any of my other blog posts.

Please take care when making a comment, thank you in advance.