Thursday, July 22, 2010

How to find a song title and artist using lyrics :)

This one is one that I find useful. If you know some lyrics to a song but you don't actually know the song title or the artist, yet you wish to find out, then this is a good way to find out:

1) Go to a search engine (I tend to use Google)

2) Type in a line of lyrics (e.g. "strange what desire will make foolish people do")

3) Add the '+' symbol followed by the word 'lyrics'

so your search criteria now looks like ...

strange what desire will make foolish people do + lyrics


4) Click on search or press enter to get the results

Google Results from example above = Chris Isaak - Wicked Game


5) You should be able to go through the results and look at the lyrics to identify which song the lyrics are from; including the artist (note: some artists do covers so it may not be the exact version your looking for in which case I suggest using Shazam i.e. on my phone I call the number 2580 if I hear a song playing on TV or the Radio which I don't know and let it text me the artist and song title)

Hope this helps anyone who struggles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Important!

Your comments are moderated. Any comments deemed not worthy to be public on this blog will be removed along side the user being banned from commenting on any of my other blog posts.

Please take care when making a comment, thank you in advance.